Athletic Clearance Process 2017-2018
A NEW PHYSICAL EXAM IS REQUIRED EACH YEAR FOR ALL ATHLETES TO BE CLEARED FOR SPORTS
(Pick up a physical form in the office or download the form from AthleticClearance.com)
TO BEGIN THE ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PROCESS: visit AthleticClearance.com:
➔IF YOU ARE ALREADY REGISTERED:
- Log in with your username and password and go to “Start Clearances Here”
- Select 2017-2018 School Year and select your sport(s) and proceed through the step by step process. NOTE: much of your information is stored and can be used again.
- Then, PRINT the Confirmation page and hit SUBMIT-the process is complete, but you are not cleared.
- SIGN and TURN IN the CONFIRMATION PAGE along with your PHYSICAL FORM to one of the Athletic Directors or to the school office.
The Athletic Directors will review your paperwork and send you an email once you are cleared.
➔IF YOU ARE NEW TO FULLERTON HIGH SCHOOL:
- Register (watch the quick tutorial video). Parents register with valid email username and password.
- Login and select “New Clearance” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Example: Football in Sept 2017 would be the 2017-2018 School Year – Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for – Choose the Sport (see Multiple Sport FAQ below). Band and Cheer are under Fall Sports.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Educational History, Medical History, Medical Insurance and Parent and Student Signature Forms (see Physicals FAQ below).
- Once you reach the Confirmation Email Message, your student is NOT yet cleared to participate but you have completed the process. Hit the SUBMIT button.
- PRINT OUT the final Confirmation page-at the bottom of this page is a button that states “print this page.”
- SIGN and TURN IN the final CONFIRMATION PAGE along with your PHYSICAL FORM to the school office.
- If you would like to register for additional sports/activities you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
All of this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. At this point, the student is NOT cleared.
When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent stating the student is CLEARED.
If you need to purchase student athletic insurance, there are flyers in the office.
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
Multiple Sports–Once you complete a clearance for one sport and arrive at the Confirmation Message, you will have the option to check off additional sports/activities for the current school year.
-If you decide to participate in an additional sport/activity later on, you can access the multiple sport check boxes by clicking on the “Confirmation Message” of your original Clearance for that specific year.
Physicals–The physical form your school uses can be downloaded on Step #7 (Student Info) at the bottom of the page. FUHS will accept the physical online (done by uploading the completed form on Step #7) as well as by turning in a hard copy to the athletic department. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you upload the completed physical form.
YOU MAY GET A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FROM ANY PROVIDER YOU CHOOSE